I’ve worked for the Home Shopping Network for almost 10 years and have fielded over 100,000 calls. We sell all kinds of things. Customers buy “evil eye pendants” designed to ward off the curse of the evil eye. Jewish, Muslim and Christians believe some individuals have the power to look at people, animals or objects and cause them harm.
Because of their reality, Christians have devised prayers (Vaskania) that protect us from Satan’s schemes.
Some might say superstition replaces faith. Good luck charms, horseshoes, four-leaf clovers, and bracelets can’t replace faith but like any good myth point out spiritual reality. People place horseshoes over their doors to keep witches from flying over their houses. American Indians and Buddhists also believe in horseshoes. Stores sell evil eye bracelets whose history goes back go back thousands of years to ancient Egypt.
Looking for the perfect Christmas stocking stuffer?
How about the St. Benedict Medal
What other gift has these powerful uses has the power to destroy witchcraft and other diabolical and haunting influences? Check out these six other uses:
- To impart protection to persons tempted, deluded, or tormented by evil spirits;
- To obtain the conversion of sinners;
- Especially when they are in danger of death;
- To serve as an armor against temptation;
- To afford protection against storms and lightning;
- To serve as an efficacious remedy for bodily afflictions and a means of protection against contagious diseases. (retrieved from https://www.stpeterslist.com/8560/8-things-you-must-know-about-st-benedicts-medal/)