Wikipedia was nice enough to provide a listing of the lifetime achievement awards. I’ve include A-G.
- A.C. Redfield Lifetime Achievement Award
- AFI Life Achievement Award
- BET Lifetime Achievement Award
- Billboard Latin Music Lifetime Achievement Award
- BCAHRB Lifetime Achievement Award
- Bram Stoker Award for Lifetime Achievement
- Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award
- Freedom of the Press Lifetime Achievement Award
- GMA Canada Lifetime Achievement Award
- Golden Pen Lifetime Achievement Award
People love great artistry. So does God.
David was once the artist in residence in King Saul’s court (cf. I Samuel 16). According to Amos, David was the “king of improvisation of the harp” (cf. Amos 6:5).
Amos warns the creative artist. Amos decries “Those who lie on beds of ivory and lounge upon their couches; Eating lambs were taken from the flock, and calves from the stall; Who improvise to the music of the harp, composing on musical instruments like David, Who drink wine from bowls, and anoint themselves with the best oils, but are not made ill by the collapse of Joseph.”
When the nation is in trouble and if you have the gift of music, fast and pray and “blow your trumpet in Zion” (Joel 2).
Why? It’s the right thing to do for God, family, and country. Like the rich man in Luke 16, we value experience more than God’s word. (cf. v31) ‘If they will not listen to Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone should rise from the dead.'” The fear of being separated from all we love is nothing new. In the Odyssey, the only way Odysseus can return home is by visiting Hades.
God gave us the love for award ceremonies because deep down in our soul we know the final one is coming. Eternity begins today, your lifetime award awaits you.