Patriarch Kirill, a Russian Orthodox patriarch, warns smartphones are preparing the way for the coming of the Antichrist.
Kirill believes gadgets are as dangerous to our spiritual welfare as the opioid crisis. He states, “You should remain free inside and not fall under any addiction, not to alcohol, not to narcotics, not to gadgets,” he said.
Satan’s goal is to control God’s people.
Recently, Patrick Coffin interviewed long time friend of Cardinal Pell, George Wiegel. Wiegel believed Pell was the victim of a society gone hostile to Christianity. The Australian courts offered zero evidence and yet sentenced this holy friend of Wiegel to six years.
Satan’s plan to wipe out God’s people began with the people of Israel and continues to this day. Almost a century ago, Thomas Aquinas (quoting St. Gregory (Lib. Moral. XIII), outlines the spirit of the Antichrist:
First, they wish to sweep them from the face of the earth. “Our enemies resolve to destroy us, and extinguish your inheritance” (Esth. xiii. 15).
Secondly, the ministers of Satan desire, if they cannot succeed in slaying the preachers of the Gospel, at least to ruin their good name among men, so that their words way produce no fruit. (cf. Saint Thomas Aquinas. Saint Thomas Aquinas Collection [22 Books] (Kindle Locations 153-158). Aeterna Press. )
Satan’s goal is to provide an alternative belief to the historic faith
John speaks 4 times about the antichrist.
- I John 2:18[ Warning against Antichrists ] “Children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come; therefore we know that it is the last hour.”
- I John 2:22 “Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.”
- I John 4:3 “and every spirit which does not confess Jesus is not of God. This is the spirit of antichrist, of which you heard that it was coming, and now it is in the world already.”
- 2 John 1:7 “For many deceivers have gone out into the world, men who will not acknowledge the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh; such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist”
Aquinas believes the “the heralds of Antichrist will be Christians, apparently virtuous, devoted to study, strong in giving advice, religious men, bound to the observance of the counsels.”
Satan’s desire is to delete God’s people
Jesus prepares us for this satanic assault in the Beatitudes: “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you”
When you are attacked, remember four things when someone tries to delete you from the world’s memory:
- You are Blessed
- It is because of Jesus
- Rejoice (literally kick up you heals and jump for joy.
- You have kept the faith (you share same sacred path as the prophets).