When I go to Church, it’s like I am on equal terms with God. I stand around looking for someone to talk. I sit down grab a program and listen to the band. We stand and listen to some funky music, hear a motivational talk, give if we want and then walk out and leave.
Atheist Blogger Bradley Bowen writes: I don’t think so. Not this knee. This knee will NOT be bowing at “the name of Jesus”. My knee will remain straight and unbent, because I know and understand “the name of Jesus”. I know what this name means, and so I cannot in good conscience bow my knee to this name. Jesus is Jehovah to me, and Jehovah is as good and as morally upright as Hitler, Stalin, and Mao.”
Thankfully, for all of us, one of God’s strong suits is MERCY. While we may be shaking our fists at God, heaven is kneeling in prayer .
Christians believe in God and demonstrate it through posture.
One of our favorite postures is kneeling:
- Micah 6:6 – “What shall I offer to the Lord that is worthy? wherewith shall I kneel before the high God? shall I offer holocausts unto him, and calves of a year old?”
- Luke 22:41 – “And he was withdrawn away from them a stone’s cast. And kneeling down, he prayed”.
- Acts 9:40 – “And they all being put forth, Peter, kneeling down, prayed. And turning to the body, he said: Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes and, seeing Peter, sat up.”
- Acts 20:36 – “And when he had said these things, kneeling down, he prayed with them all.”
- Acts 21:5 – “And the days being expired, departing we went forward, they all bringing us on our way, with their wives and children, till we were out of the city. And we kneeled down on the shore: and we prayed.”
- Ephesians 1:14- “For this reason we kneel before God the Father.”
Paul predicts every knee will bow at the name of Jesus.
So does Isaiah. Even militant atheists.
It’s time we learn the sacred art of kneeling.
The power of Jesus name changes everyone into a confessing servant.